Monday, July 27, 2015

Multitasking

There were a ton of projects to bang out and my mind was racing with ideas. When this happens I'm prone to rush jobs and make mistakes. I really had to limit my coffee intake and obey work lists like religion. 'Haste makes waste,' my mother reminded me as I was running around the garage like headless chicken.

Project 1: Cut new interior wood.




I hate plywood, so there was no way I was going to use it. I'd happily do the project two more time to avoid using the stuff. Real wood, CPES, and coats of epoxy sounds like a much better option for some reason that I would love to explain if you ever catch me at a party.

I decided to use local kiln dried Atlantic White Cedar for most of the wood in the boat. I love the wood, the smell, and its working quality.

Project 2: Crazing

There were cracks, holes, dings, and crazing all over the deck so grinding, sanding, filling, and sanding needed to happen before I was going to paint.


Project 3: More trailer love

Now that the boat has all that lead in it, new rollers only made sense. Out with the old..



No comments:

Post a Comment